We heard the thunder first and saw some lightening. I decided to gather the girls and get them in the coop. Within a few minutes the hail was pounding the house, the cars, the new flowers we planted. The hail was the size of blue berries or small grapes but was so forceful. Luckily the hail was not quite big enough to damage the cars but many of the flowers were de-petalled. The chickens and the rest of our pets are fine but it was pretty violent. Now the world is steaming because it’s too warm for ice to hang around long. I tell, ya, raising chicks is full of fun and excitement.
- Eggs have arrived, and double yolks are the norm…yum!
- Egg laying is on the agenda…and we lose a chicken.
- Getting back on topic somewhat, Chickens are 11 weeks old. 2 months to eggs!
- Calvin and Hobbes Creator Bill Watterson Returns
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say but I’m sorry we got some pretty ladies….:-)
edie on Pretty soon we transition to t… edie on Pretty soon we transition to t… Ace on Hail to the chickens?! Sudden… Ace on Hail to the chickens?! Sudden… Cody VerKuilen on Hail to the chickens?! Sudden…
- 507 hits