We have moved the coop into the large pen and mounted the food and water containers. We are still using the heat lamp as it is still a bit chilly at night. The girls really enjoyed being out today in their new chickie condo. They pecked and scratched and had a ball expanding into their larger home. So we rounded them into the roost for the night and thought we were done for the evening. After dinner, I was playing some video game and heard the dogs losing their minds. After an investigation, we saw we had a horse in the backyard cropping our grass. She visited us for about 45 minutes. Turns out Theresa is fearless and had no trouble petting the horse and feeding her carrots. The chickens never noticed but it must be farmy like for a horse to stop by. We called the police and a horse owner in the area helped us out and is trying to find the real owner. Interestingly, this is the second horse we have had visit, must be some sweet grass in our yard.
- Eggs have arrived, and double yolks are the norm…yum!
- Egg laying is on the agenda…and we lose a chicken.
- Getting back on topic somewhat, Chickens are 11 weeks old. 2 months to eggs!
- Calvin and Hobbes Creator Bill Watterson Returns
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say but I’m sorry we got some pretty ladies….:-)
edie on Pretty soon we transition to t… edie on Pretty soon we transition to t… Ace on Hail to the chickens?! Sudden… Ace on Hail to the chickens?! Sudden… Cody VerKuilen on Hail to the chickens?! Sudden…
- 507 hits